It is not too late to learn …keep on learning…we can still change for the better
- THE CALM – not a single visual of chest- beating or wild grief.
- THE DIGNITY – disciplined queues for water and groceries. Not a rough word or a crude gesture.
- THE ABILITY– the incredible architects, for instance, buildings swayed but didn’t fall.
- THE GRACE – people bought only what they needed for the present, so everybody could get something
- THE ORDER – no looting in shop. No honking and no overtaking on the roads. Just understanding.
- THE SACRIFICE – fifty workers stayed back to pump sea water in the Nuclear -reactors. How will they ever be repaid?
- THE TENDERNESS – restaurants cut prices. An unguarded ATM is left alone. the strong cared for the weak.
- THE MEDIA – they showed magnificent restraint in bulletins. no silly reporters. Only calm reportage.
- THE TRAINING – the old and the children, everyone knew exactly what to do. and they did just that.
- THE CONSCIENCE – when the power went off in a store, people put things back on the shelves and left quietly!
I am not the author, I just want to share… Hats off to their spirit:-)